Montag, 9. Juni 2014

My first week at LUSH

Hey guys! 

I know that I haven't exactly been posting frequently on this blog, but that is because I either don't have the time for it or I just don't feel like sitting down and writing something when I have nothing to talk about (which is kinda sad).

You all probably know from my last post that I have been hired by LUSH cosmetics as a sales assistant and this week was my first week of work !!
To say that I was super excited doesn't even cover half of it :P

I worked 4 days this week and obviously I was super nervous on my first day. Nervous because of what the job would be like, what my fellow colleagues would be like and if I would like the job at all. The answer to that is: it was great! Not only are my colleagues super nice and fun, the job itself is really fun, even though I was extremely tired after standing in the shop for 8 hours (you cannot sit down). Selling the things wasn't hard at all, since I read A LOT about Lush products before I started the job, so I knew my way around the things. The only thing I had to get used to was to actively talk to the customers and to try to engage them in a conversation so you can find out what they're actually looking for. I have to say that I love talking to customers that are super nice and friendly and tell me what they are searching for immediatly (which makes things easier for both them and me), although I've encountered a few people who really block the salespeople off and then they spend a good 10 min in the shop trying to find the things that they were looking for instead of skipping that unnecessary "torture" and just getting to the point and saying what they want. Although there's people like that, I have to say that I have really enjoyed this first week working at Lush. And I've been able to take quite a few testers home with me, so that I can actually try the products and tell the customers what I think about them and even recommend things.
My colleagues have been helping me a lot and they've been showing me how to handle everything, how to talk to customers and how to use the cash desk, which was really nice of them and I appreciate that a lot.

I obviously also had to clean the shelves and rearrange bath bombs or stock up the pile of bubble bars  or do some other chores, but I've found the work that I have to do quite nice and not too difficult or tiring. I am really happy that I got hired for this job and I hope I can continue to work there for some more time :)

Bye from new Lush- Employee,
Lira

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen